Lead time on pro xxl

So I ordered on April 10th. I had contacted support last week just to see if they had an estimated ship date. They let me know it would be shipping by the end if this week. I am thinking that they have missed their goal but I was wondering if anyone else on here had ordered one around the same time and have heard anything about current shipping estimates. I am not normally this impatient but I am trying to make sure I have some kind of arrangements for someone to pick it up for me depending in the day so it doesn’t sit outside for a few days if I am going to be out of town for a bit.

Please write in to sales@carbide3d.com and we should be able to let you know the specifics for your order.

I sent them another email today, I figure I probably won’t here anything till Monday day or Tuesday so I just thought I would see if anyone else had heard about any delays. It’s not a major deal I was hoping I would be able to get it here any set up before my daughter is born. I know once that happens I will be unavailable to spend time with my new toy for a while. I just know my luck it will end up getting delivered while I am at the hospital. Which is what I am trying to figure out so it doesn’t sit outside for a few days. We get a decent amount of rain thus time of year. But I can make it work either way I just will have to get someone to do me a favor and pick it up for me if that happens.

1 Like

The Pro seems to be a blessing and a curse for c3d. The blessing is they have a hot seller and the curse is they cannot make them fast enough.

2 Likes

Yeah it doesn’t help that anytime you are making something complex like that it only takes a small issue to grind production to a halt. I am sure as they sell more and more of the pro they will get the timing down better. It seems like they have had some issues with getting some of the parts for their machines and if it’s anything like some of the issues the company I work fir has been having even when we get stuff when we are supposed to its a crap shoot on whether it will all be up to spec or not. I had bought an original shapeoko 3 that was still sealed in the box a little over a month ago and after looking around saw it would take some upgrades to really be usable with their software. So I asked them what it would take. They took the time to send me a very detailed message about different suggestions for ways to bring it up to spec and even let me know that when I ordered parts they could throw in the extra little things that they don’t normally sell to get it all right. They don’t really need to do all that for a second owner of a machine that is out of date so it impressed me. Good customer service goes a long way to making happy customers. I decided to go all in and just order a brand new pro xxl. Although now I need to figure out what to do with my old shapeoko 3 lol.

4 Likes

Depending where you live a Shapeoko goes quick on craigslist. Some people list the for sale machines on the forum because you have a knowledgeable audience.

1 Like

I heard back from them today. They let me know that they were having a supply issue with the rails but they are shooting for the end of this week. Just wanted to update this in case anyone else is waiting on a shipment.

2 Likes