Library, open vectors, pink lines, help with images

I’ve noticed that in the Library images (specifically Xmas and Culture) several that I’ve tried show pink lines. I’m assuming that this means open vectors. I know enough to know that it is not an easy fix so I’m wondering why they are presented as usable images. Am I missing something? Is there an easy fix that I’m not aware of.
Is there An SVG conversion software that you recommend

My wife just asked me to cut a bunch of wood ornaments, so I also used some of the shapes in the library.

If you were designing your own, and you wanted to do some single pass engraving you might make open vectors to follow. The designer of the library items doesn’t know how you plan to cut each shape. Only how they intended to. If your strategy is different, you will need to do some editing.

2 Likes

If you get stuck w/ a file/project, send it in to projects@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to assist.

1 Like

You can use the node edit tool or join vectors tool. I am partially color blind so reds all look the same shade to me. The open vectors are magenta which you might see as pink. What ever color you see or call it the edit tools will close them up.

Some buy vectors from etsy and others are not closed vectors so you have to close those as well. What I find useful is zooming very far in to help me get nodes connected.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.