Looking for help on initializing Shapeoko 3

I have a Shapeoko 3 I haven’t used much over the past year and a half. I booted it up and saw that I needed to flash the hardware to use the new versions of carbide motion and carbide create.

So I did that. Now when I load up carbide motion, when I hit the “initialize” button the spindle will correctly home and zero on the X/Y axis. It then asks me to insert a tool to probe the Z axis. I insert a tool, click “OK” and the spindle dives into the cutting table, where it keeps trying to push down. I can hear a clicking from the motor slipping, and a few seconds later I get the error, “probing cycle failed”. What do I need to do?

This is all a little frustrating as before I had updated the old software worked perfectly…grumble gumble

EDIT: My board is a v2.4e. I don’t have any extras like a probing tool installed. Thanks

Looks like you have the Bitsetter option; before “initialize” click on the Setting and check the Bitsetter option, if on turn it off.

2 Likes

I had to initialize 3 times before it would recognize my XXL with the last update. But it finally did…

Yup, that did it, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.