Loose Z Plus plate

I have a S4Pro with the stock Z plus. If I push up at the bottom left of the big plate (where the spindle bracket is mounted), I can see that the whole thing is moving up and down relative to the bearing blocks on the linear rails. If I push on the bottom right hand corner, it is very rigid (as you’d expect). Here’s what I see when I push up on the bottom left corner:

I assume that I need to remove the 4 screws holding the plate onto whatever is attached to the bearing blocks and then tighten the screws attaching the underneath plates to the blocks?

If so, is there an easy way to do this?

If anyone else comes across this…

I used a couple of blocks of wood and a 1-2-3 block to support the spindle mounting bracket between the x carrier plate and the spindle. With that supporting the spindle, I could easily remove the 4 screws attaching the two plates and slide the bearing block plate along the rails to give easy access to the screws attaching the inner plate to the bearing blocks. Tightening those up solved my lack of rigidity.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.