Loosing z-zero position after stop

I’m lost as to what’s happening. Maybe can review the above statement and clarify it a little?

1. You mention putting a VBit in … this must have been after you set zero with the BitZero and a different tool, since you can’t zero with a VBit. Is that right?
  2. You say you put a V-Bit in there and then followed the prompts. This is the wrong way around, as stated. You need to do nothing until you see the prompts. Could be phrasing, but just trying to be absolutely clear.
2 Likes
  1. Yes, you are right. For setting zero position I used 1/4 inch bar that came with BitZero.
  2. After putting V-bit there I have loaded the new job. If you click “start” the job the first prompt is “load #301 V-bit”. V-bit was already loaded so I just clicked to “Resume”. The machine moved to check the length of the tool by BitSetter and started the job.

Thanks Martin…

So overall your process was:

1. Turn on machine
  2. Put in the 1/4 bar when prompted by Carbide Motion
  3. Watch it do the BitSetter routine with the 1/4 bar installed
  4. Set the zero with the BitZero with the 1/4 bar still installed
  5. Swap the bar for the VBit
  6. Start the Job
  7. Do nothing when prompted by Carbide Motion to insert the VBit
  8. Watch it do the BitSetter routine with the VBit installed

Is this correct?

If so, when choosing to put the VBit in before being prompted by Carbide Motion, how did you move the router around to give you physical space to remove the 1/4 bar?

1 Like

Good question. I’m not sure now. There are just two options. After setting zero by BitZero, the machine moved into the front center position. The second option is, that I used Rapid position or just jog into the front.

Perhaps keep an eye on how this is happening, going forward.

The machine doesn’t move to the front after the BitZero routine.

It does conveniently move forward when starting the job, when it prompts for the first tool.

Doing the tool change at any other time is a habit or pattern that has a high potential to trip you up. I’d be wary of the temptation to touch the tool in the collet unless the machine has presented itself to you for that purpose.

1 Like

I don’t understand one step. After setting zero position by the bar, you should push “load a new tool” and change the tool you need for the job. Machine after loading goes to check tool’s length. Then I’ll load the job and start. Again, the machine will come into the front and prompt you “change the tool”. After it’ll repeat the whole process of the tool’s length checking.

What’s the point to load a new tool after setting zero position, if I am going to start the job, where the tool loading and length checking is the first step.

I would recommend:

1. Turn on the machine
  2. Put in the measuring tool when prompted and watch it do the BitSetter routine
  3. Set your zeros using the BitZero.
  4. Run your job
  5. When prompted, put in the tool it asks for and watch it do the BitSetter routine.

There’s no need to predict or pre-install the tool for the job after you’ve zeroed. Just wait until it asks for it.

When running a second job that requires zeroing without turning off the machine:

1. Push the “load a new tool” button to put the measuring tool in to the machine.
  2. Go to step three above.
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.