Love the Shapeoko Dislike the constant Out of Stock

Someone thought the post was objectionable. I thought it was funny but then I am warped.

1 Like

We’re trying to maintain a family-friendly environment, and we do have some parents who buy machines and work w/ them w/ their children.

The basic guideline for dinner conversation should apply — please don’t say anything you wouldn’t say in front of someone else’s grandmother.

EDIT: when your own grandmother is present.

5 Likes

Every company bringing parts in from outside the US is dealing with delays like that. There are miles of cargo ships waiting outside the port of LA with goods from China, and because of that, there is a worldwide shortage of containers as well.

Some companies are in a position to say screw it and air cargo stuff instead, but for the most part, expect to see supply chain issues like these well into the holiday season 2021.

Have you bought any lumber lately. The prices have gone up 300-400%. Home builders cannot get lumber to build houses and if they do they are having to go back to their customers and get more money.

From my understanding, the country’s plywood resin producing abilities were disrupted in 2019 from a fire at the only production plant for it here in the US. That is what drove lots of those prices up in 2020, and why they will probably be high for a while, shipping it from China right now is a problem.

5 Likes

UPDATE

Happy to be able to purchase these goodies for my Regular Shapeoko until the Pro becomes available.

:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Uh, you do not need the BitSetter w/ a Pro — it has one built-in.

2 Likes

I know the Pro will have one however my original small Shapeoko needs one as well.

:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

I have cash waiting for an HDZ upgrade, and I set the email alert.

Not in a hurry–I’ll be ready when you are.

1 Like

Any timeline for when a BitRunner will be available again? I need a second machine (XXL this time) but don’t want to submit multiple orders and I definitely need a BitRunner to go with it.

The good news is most shipping is free in the US over a certain amount. I have always gotten c3d shipments fast.

1 Like

The BitRunner v1 has been discontinued after a second production run.

There will be a v2, but no idea on timeframe — please write in to sales@carbide3d.com and hopefully someone will be able to address that.

1 Like

Check the store now. I didn’t get an email alert, but the HDZ is there!

1 Like

Well heck. That money I had set aside for the HDZ was burning a hole, and Bridge City Tools put their JointMaker Pro on sale at the lowest price I’d ever seen, so… HDZ is still on my list, but the mad money pile needs time to recover.

4 Likes

Please make a thread about how the Jointmaker Pro works out!

It’s on the short list of things I’m planning to buy once I retire and have a dedicated work area.

4 Likes

Also, to get back on topic, the Shapeoko 4 was launched today, and is in stock to ship w/in 15 days of order date.

2 Likes

Will do. Need some time to clear out a home for it in the garage, but looking forward to putting it through it’s paces.

2 Likes

I don’t do much handwork but have always admired Bridge City Tools.

Your post (plus the price) inspired me to order one of these

I’ve been doing a lot of finger jointed boxes/trays lately so this might come in handy.

6 Likes

I am actually working on a jig design for that — it’ll secure to the undersides and allow beveling a 1/8" chamfer while using the plane freely so that wear can be more evenly distributed — should be cut out of a block of HDPE or Delrin.

4 Likes

Yeah, picked up one of those a while back. Sweet little plane. Are there cheaper ones? Yes. But it is a joy to use.

2 Likes

Will, will you be sharing that jig design? I have some HDPE on hand.

1 Like

As soon as I’ve got it tested out I’ll be posting it here and sending one in to John Economaki and the Bridge City Tool folks.

1 Like