Lower left X0 Y0 cnc/material/project orientation

So much to undo! Happy to say that sending the project to the digital abyss and starting over, orienting the stock to the upper lower left based on Julien’s observation, adding actual stock dimensions and setting the model’s location within the stock, worked as intended. I’m on my second map of Puerto Rico and it hasn’t stopped or launched into the atmosphere yet using CM. Bitzero is working, bit setter is working, bit runner… Not sure I want to hook that up to the Festool yet since I see that there is a problem with moving the gantry by hand while the machine is off triggers a start. I have seen the lights come on when I moved it, which led me to google and some other threads mentioning this behavior. Something I’ll have to get used to while I figure out the setup for the VFD and spindle w/ closed water loop system. I know unplugging is the best defense and I have my outlets on a switch so I can kill them all when I am not in the shop.

Anyway, it is great so far and I like that CM has which line of code its running and an estimate time to completion. Still want that run boundary and gcode preview through :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for the conversation and for the help figuring out 360.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.