Machine is out by about 1/8" over a 20" run

I was doing some drilling today, and on a machine return, the cord caught on one of my hold downs, and the stepper motors made clunking noises until I was able to remove the cord. Once I did, the x,y 0,0 was off by a bit. I reset it using the BitZero and drilled the next board. As it was drilling, it was clear that the machine was out of square somehow.

I took pictures along my x-axis guide to show when the bit starts, and when it ends after about a 20 inch x-axis run.

Any idea on how to fix this? In the middle of a huge order for Christmas, and I’m kind of dead in the water right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

move the gantry to the front of the machine, and power off. Then pull the gantry fully forward so it touches both sides equally. Power on the machine, and let it initialize, and you should be good to go.

1 Like

I will go give that a try now! THanks so much

Times when I’ve done similar things I always re-initalize the machine. The machine doesn’t know it skipped steps, and doing that let’s it get its bearings again. :slight_smile:

We’ve all done it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.