Today was a slow day since I didn’t have any programs to run this morning. I did the CAM work on the front (top) side then went into the shop.
Then I flipped the part over and indicated it in (parallel to my X). Then I faced the top leaving it 0.005 heavy (Allow material for the 3D milling), then I bored for the Saphire Crystal and dry fit into the case (You can see the light reflecting off of it in the photo:)
Then while the OD was being roughed out (This will provide tool clearance for the 1/16 and 1/32 ball end mills during the 3D milling of the top), I made a bushing for the 1.2mm x 0.25 mm (pitch) tap. I can’t even see the threads…it’s SO tiny. Penny for scale:
I should start on the 3D machining later Thursday or Friday morning. PS I am still using the SAME 1/8 2-flute coated end mill that I started with (and it was a used end mill)!