MDI Movement in Inches not working moves in MM instead

I ran into some issues when trying to do a simple MDI move to G0X1Y1 from my Origin. Being I have CM set to Inches I expected this MDI move to move 1 inch right and 1 inch to the back. But I got a move of 1mm right and 1mm back. I have tried the tricks of doing /G20 and all that but that just messes up the offsets and the machine trying to do an MDI move after that just crashes the machine. It seems that even with CM set to inches it is doing everything in MM under the hood (except for intercepting and converting G0/1 Commands) and I have so far not found a single way to get an MDI move in Inches to work, most of the time I just end up crashing into hard stops.

1 Like

I have had the same problems in both MDI and Quick Actions. I don’t think Carbide cares enough to fix these bugs, the only option is to use mm exclusively.

Once you get past that, there’s another bug where you CAN’T mix Workspace and Machine co-ordinates in the same Quick Action, so don’t do that either.

So, what I am hearing is just work on getting a setup to use UGS or gSender or one of the many other GRBL Control software lol.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.