Meshcam S&F vs Doc S&F vs Gwiz

(Kyle B. Bachman) #1

Hey guys,

Been gone awhile, as the world has kept me busy. Just popped back to do some cutting and after updating meshcam and what not I am noticing that the "Carbid wizard numbers, vs the Carbid3d supplied document. numbers are way different. Then you open up Gwizard and im getting a third set of numbers different from the other two.
I know speeds and feeds are a head ache for alot of us newbies to the cnc world, which set of numbers should I be more apt to follow.

To give you an idea for MDF on the Docs say 75 / 18 at 4000 rpm with a .017 DOC The meshcam auto tool is giving me 59.3 / 14.8 at 7800 rpm .0039 DOC Gwizard is giving me 46/13 at 10000rpm with a .017doc

There just seems to be such a big difference from each one, who do I trust?

0 Likes

(Mark Walker) #2

If you are using the end mills from the recent Carbide3D chart (1/8" for the Nomad, 1/4" for the Shapeoko) those numbers are the most recent and emperically tested on that machine. I’d start there and adjust for variations in your circumstances. Gwizard can help there since it does the math for the smaller diameter cutter out a different stick out, etc.

4 Likes