Minimum working temperatures for Shapeoko 3

Hey guys,

New in the forum, been ghosting for years now, but I have a question that I can’t seem to find anywhere else.

I recently moved to a new place where they allow me to use the backyard as my “workshop”. Moved here in April and since then, it’s been just amazing!

HOWEVER… I live in Canada, Toronto to be more specific… where this time of the year begins to get a bit “cool” which I’m not worried about, but when the temperatures reach - 5 F / -25 C, I was wondering if it’ll still run at those temperatures? I am aware that come next spring I’ll definitely will need to replace the belts, but otherwise is it safe to use? I don’t have ANY space inside the apartment to store it…

I mean I could… but I run a tiny Etsy shop making stuff and this might put me out of business :joy::joy: but I also don’t maie enough to say, let’s make a “heated” enclosure… my gf would kill me…

I’d love to hear your suggestions and tips :hugs::pleading_face:

Thanks guys for taking the time to read my post!

• Agustin

Please see:

Pretty much, if you’re able to stand and work by the machine, it’ll work.

1 Like

Oh yeah! I thought I read that :roll_eyes: I guess coffee’s out of my system now :joy:

Thanks for the quick response! I got an outside heater so I’ll be juuuuuuust okay :joy::sweat_smile: plus all the natural “padding” :joy:

I’d like to say that since I upgraded to the Zplus I think is the one, I’m getting even more amazing results!

Love you guys and your amazing support! The software def needs some work, (especially motion) but I get just fine with CNCJS :+1:t2:

Not sure how to properly use the create PRO features so my license is really not useful for what I do with it :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face: but hopefully I’ll learn that soon!

If you have some difficulty with Motion, let us know and we’ll do our best to work through it with you.

For using the Pro features here is a link with some links which may help:

https://wiki.shapeoko.com/index.php/Carbide_Create#3D_Modeling_in_Pro_Mode

Thanks, yeah I get some depth issues more often than not where cuts are too deep, deeper than I designed them for, and when I try the same exact file on CNCJS, it cuts as designed…

I’ve actually raised this issue before, and even had one of you call me back but I honestly don’t remember where we left it at… I think I felt like I was being told I don’t know how to use it, which is probably right, or because you guys weren’t able to reproduce, then it was called user error.

But anyway I’m still very pleased and grateful for your help and support at all times! You guys have been wonderful! <3!

Also thanks for the link for pro mode. I want to do double sided cutting, but I’m not too comfortable yet… I’m scared if I can be honest haha…

Thanks guys!

Please, write down everything you do step-by-step.

If you can provide a step-by-step set of instructions which is repeatable where:

• what you did
  • what you expected
  • what actually happened

don’t match we will do our best to look into things with you.

hehe funny enough I just finished a cut with an issue, don’t worry I already contacted support with what you’ve mentioned. Step by Step and photos and my files :slight_smile:

Thank you !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.