Modeling a Angle into stock

I’m try to make this section of my stock angle down at 7 deg (left to right) My material height is 1.5". How do I machine this angle/design in the model?

You would need to use Carbide Create Pro or a full-fledged 3D CAD and CAM setup.

Modeling a taper in Carbide Create Pro requires a stock area twice the size of the ramp which you wish to angle —

EDIT: Or, a gradient pixel image which can be imported as a depth map END EDIT

See below for a separate post detailing this.

A quick/easy work-around would be to make a taper fixture which would hold the stock at the required angle and accept some air cutting.

Doing this in Carbide Create itself would require drawing things up in profile and drawing a bunch of geometry with ball-nosed tools and would require a great deal of patience to make a file which wouldn’t require a lot of sanding, see:

To create a ramp in Carbide Create Pro, first draw up the desired angle in profile, or do trigonometry to get the height (assuming one has the angle first):

First draw a rectangle and rotate it the desired inclination (in this case 7 degrees):

then draw a rectangle of the desired length of the feature, in this case 8 inches:

Subtract one from the other:

OK

Get the height — easiest is to draw a corner-to-corner rectangle using the Rectangle tool and control key:

in this, 0.9823 inches.

Create a rectangle as wide as the ramp and the height of the part in question plus the width:

Create a 3D component at the desired angle/height and set it to scaled and apply the base height to match the thickness of the neck:

Apply

Draw an outline image for the head and neck and subtract it from a larger rectangle and remove that to get the desired shape:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.