New guy to cnc, cad, cam, and most other things

Bummer, broke my first bit. Turned off the spindle on the spindle controller for tool change…only to forget to turn it back on. Dumb! Does anyone else do this? Should I not worry about the spindle coming on during tool change?

What sites do you go to to get free files, drawings, etc?

Are layers simply levels of depth in pockets?

I have an open vector (I trimmed a line out that I did not want). Now, even though the vectors all go orange when I select them with the shift key…I cannot get the lines to join. I looked very closely at the intersections and they all look good, but the open (magenta) color will not go away. frustrated.

For the last, select all those vectors, then on the left there will be an icon for ‘Join Vectors’.

Second icon in:

Thanks Mike, i’ll give that a try…

P

It is best practice to disable the spindle for tool changes.

We have a file sharing site:

and there is:

https://elements.carbide3d.com/

and previously when we discussed this:

but see:

Layers are an optional organizational aid. They may be associated with toolpaths, which can be quite nice for complex projects, and I’ve also used them to organize files in various ways.

As noted, there is a “Join Vectors” command which should work to join things — if it doesn’t, upload the file and we will look into this with you.

Safety first… @WillAdams is right.

I have a Bit Runner that turns off my router during a bit change. I trust it to work correctly. If it fails I believe it fails in the off mode. If I am wrong, I have myself to blame.

Good Luck

Thanks Man, I understand your point…be careful.

When changing bits I “always” hit the button on the BitRunner interlock so that even if some rogue AI bot decided to have fun the router wouldn’t spin up.

“Always” except when I don’t.

1 Like

I place a pause or wait for input in the post processor so i get a chance to check spindle is spinning.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.