New machine settings HDZ

One other thing that might be worth mentioning, after connecting (and before initializing) there is a red led flashing on the lower right corner of the board.

When it initializes to front, your X goes in the correct direction, when you flip those wires,and it jerks around, the X goes in the wrong direction. I think You have your X-axis stepper motor wired to one of your Y-axis drivers.

1 Like

Thanks David, I have rewired all cables and that might have been the case because it’s moving to the back right corner now. I still have a problem with the Y-switch, it doesn’t stop at the end until I turn it off and I’m getting a Y Limit Switch Error. I’m talking to support right now, hope they can get me back on track.

Ok, I have received the new Y-stop (thanks CC!!) and still the same problem. After testing the individual limit switches I think I have found the issue.

When I touch the Z-limit switch with something metal it lights up and in the software (Settings-Machine-Active input pins) I see a “Z” appear. When I do the same with the X-limit switch it shows up in the software as the Y-limit switch. So does the Y-limit switch…

So both the X and Y limit switches show up as Y… What to do next?

Can you share a close-up pic of the X/Y/Z limit switches connections at the controller ?

I will make some pics but this is what I have found:

When I look at the wires that go on the board, looking into the plug from the backend, so;

• The black cable of the Z limit switch is in position 4
  • The black cable of the Y limit switch is in position 5
  • The black cable of the X limit switch is in position 5

This might result in the fact that X and Y are both giving me the same result (Y).

Yes, that looks miswired, and unfortunately it is not very easy to fix it yourself due to the nature of connectors.
Have you contacted support with that information ? They should be able to ship you a replacement cable quickly.

1 Like

Yes, I have also copied this message to support… Do you think it is the X wire that is miswired? (because the new Y wire is wired as the “old” one…)

I had a similar experience with a incorrectly wired cable, they overnighted me the correct one next day.

1 Like

I’m from Holland so it might take a bit longer… :wink: But I hope that will solve the issue. The remaining issue is that the Y limit switch doesn’t do anything even when I unplug the miswired X limit switch… It’s a bit of a disappointment having a new machine at home that you want to start working with…

Yes, as you can see on the controller board silkscreen near the top connector, the “X” pin is what corresponds to pin “6” in your numbering, while 5 is Y.

Being in Europe myself I understand how waiting for a replacement cable shipped from the US is not great, but I’ve had cases where I did receive stuff in just ~4 days

Are you comfortable with using a soldering iron ? I recently bought a spare microFit male pin and inserted it myself in the housing (for a different reason, to wire my feedhold button), so if you are game we could try and work something up while you wait for the long term fix from support.

I’m getting a bit confused now why the Y limit switch doesn’t work. Should there be something mounted to this screw-hole?

Yes, I have a soldering station (I build all kinds of Arduino stuff like flight simulation panels)…

It could be an idea when I can get the microfit maile pin. I will check online…

Look for “MicroFit 3.0 female crimp terminal”, like those

https://www.molex.com/molex/search/deepSearch?pQuery=category%3A%22Crimp%2BTerminals%22%40productname%3AMicro-Fit*%40-productname%3A%22Micro-Fitspch1%22

The tricky part will be finding one that you can get in less than 3-4 days…

I can get this tomorrow via Amazon (just the kit) but are these female pins the right size? (2,5 mm) or does the 3.0 refer to the size of 3 mm?

Those are JST, not MicroFIT connectors, that won’t work.
MicroFIT are unfortunately harder to come by on the public market. I tried to find where I got mine but can’t quite remember, and it might have been Aliexpress…it was not on Amazon (my order history confirms this), but you could get lucky.

You want those guys,

but unfortunately they are all listed for delivery sometime in December (meaning they will come from China, so not better than shopping Ali)

the fastest way is Monday or Tuesday. When CC would send something today per express I might have it the same day…

Anything on this one? New machine settings HDZ - #32 by Jaap

Ooh, I remember a thread a couple of days ago that you do need to install a screw in there for the Y limit switch to work. Do you have any leftover screw from the install ?

EDIT: this is the thread:

Plenty of screws but that doesn’t work yet, somehow the screw isn’t close enough to the limit switch, but I will try to fix it with a little plate of metal to get it closer to the switch…

Thanks again for all your help!