Newb question here

I bought an Amana 45632-K Solid Carbide 45 Degree Engraving 0.005 Tip bit. I really want to use it but I need to make a new tool in Carbide create? I’m going thru it but I don’t know plungerate and depth. I filled in the rest according to the Amana tool feeds and speeds doc. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Carbide Create doesn’t support tooling with a tip radius.

If you wish, you can enter it as a V endmill.

Unfortunately, the Amana feeds and speeds are intended for industrial machines, so may not be appropriate for other machines.

I would start with the feeds and speeds for a #302 and adjust from there.

There has been some discussion on this here.

Hey Will, your link didn’t show:

Didn’t post a link — was on mobile yesterday, and finding the link was left “as an exercise for the reader” — I’ll try to dig it out when I have time later this evening.

@WillAdams thank you very much. I’ll be trying your technique out soon.

I believe the V endmill feeds and speeds guideline was a part of the discussion at:

And as much as everyone enjoys go through a 281-posts thread, in the end I summarized the crowd-sourced, 4-line consensus here. It’s never going to apply universally to all situations, v-bits are weird, but it’s a reasonable starting point in wood.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.