Nomad 3 shuts down when spindle starts

I’ve reached out to the excellent Carbide 3D support already but I thought I’d see if someone here has an idea.

First, my Nomad 3 is in the workshop on our boat. So, the first thing I did was to ensure sufficient power was there – which, given we run our watermaker, microwave, oven, air conditioners, laptops, TVs, fridges, and freezers… shouldn’t be an issue. Everything seems okay. Voltage is there. We have a 4,000-watt inverter and a 16.5kwh generator.

I tried to get going on my first project, and when I loaded the G-code and started the job, everything looked fine until the spindle started – then the Nomad 3 just shut down and started again. I can reproduce the issue by going to “jog” and start the spindle there. Same thing, shut down for a second.

Any ideas?

An idea
At work, we used a 7 kwh generator feeding a 5 kwh inverter, all worked well.
Then we changed to a 15 kwh inverter feeding the same 5 kwh inverter, nothing but problems. Our Nomad and Shapeoko power supplies are inverters. I would try shutting off your 4,000-watt inverter and getting your power off your 16.5kwh generator as a quick test.
Pete

1 Like

Make sure the door isn’t popping open. I had issues like this at first, and assumed I had a comms error over USB. Turns out that the door was just swinging away from the magnet, and the safety interlock kicked in. Only happened when the spindle started, and the vibration was enough to jostle the door free.

A 1" binder clip on the right wall just in front of the sensor works well to hold the door shut.

2 Likes

Carbide3D support has gone dark. No more replies. They said they would send me replacement electronics, but now… no replies. Had worked with them on this for weeks in advance. Very frustrating.

We are working with you thought our ticking system and all further updates will take place there.

1 Like

Perfect. Thanks for your help.

Are there any instructions on how to switch out the electronics?

Contact us at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll walk you through this.

Thank you. Got the parts. Now waiting for a reply from support. Hope I can get a reply before the weekend.

2 Likes

The new board is in, but now I’m getting a “Limit Switch Hit” error…

I can job the Nomad 3 along every access without any issues.

I emailed support@ but hoping someone here can help.

Is your touch probe touching something and just sitting there activated? Confused me once too, then I felt kind of silly.

1 Like

What are you doing when you get the limit switch error? Jogging? Running a job?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.