Nomad 883 Pro Blinking Power Button/Won't Connect

(Aqil Rogers) #1

Hi,

Yesterday I received my Nomad 883 in the mail and immediately set it up. I was able to get it connected at first; it successfully completed homing and the tool length measurement stage of a job I sent it. However, the spindle would not turn on once the job got started. I tried sending an M3S1000 command but it still wouldn’t run, just a small twitch of the endmill and then a low hum. I gave it a rest for a day (I also reached out to support but haven’t yet been able to establish contact with the tech team - I think they might contact me later this week?) and came back today to find that now the Nomad won’t power on – when I press the power button, the power button’s light begins blinking on and off and in Carbide Motion I get “GRBL ERROR: Cutter not found.” Would anyone happen to have any idea of what’s happening? Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Likes

(William Adams (Carbide 3D)) #2

This ticket is open, and we note having called. Please check in on the ticket and make sure we have the right phone number and provide this additional information — we’ll get it taken care of as quickly as we can.

1 Like

(Aqil Rogers) #3

Thanks for your reply, Will!

Just wanted to give an update - got in touch with support (who were very helpful!), and was shipped a new controller board as well as a new power supply. Unfortunately on startup, the new board stalled on homing and now won’t turn on with either of my power supplies. I went back through hooking it up again and making sure all connections were correct and secure, but still no luck. Sent a quick email to support just now; holding out hope for a solution!

1 Like

(system) closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes