Nomad Homing switches and firmware upgrade

I had a laptop failure and had to purchase a new one. When I hooked it up to my Nomad I got a couple of errors I had not seen before. I got the link to the new firmware, but it says I need to have homing switches in order to do the upgrade. The message on the upgrade says that I can purchase the switches from Carbide 3d, but they don’t seem to be listed anywhere on the site. I am an artist with minimal knowledge of CNC. I have made a number of projects using my Nomad and Aspire, but this has me flumoxed. Any suggestions.

In reference to my original post. Here are pics of my type of Nomad and the errors I received.

Your Nomad has homing switches — that message is about Shapeokos.

I suspect your Nomad is still running Grbl 0.9 — if you wish to continue using the software you were using please download Carbide Motion 3 from:

https://carbide3d.com/downloads/

If that doesn’t work, or you have any difficulties or you wish to update anything please contact us at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to assist.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.