Not Carving at zero zero zero

Created a shape that is wanting to cut about an Negative 1-1/2” on the x-axis… I am using the Carbide3d post processor. Not sure what to look for.

Can you share the Fusion file? It’s hard to tell what’s going on with the limited information in your screenshot. The post processor won’t affect the toolpath.

Here is a link to the file: https://a360.co/2WHB3yq. I hope that works. Still getting my feet wet with Fusion.

Here’s what I see with your simulation.

I’d definitely reduce the stepover on the parallel operation, but I’m still unsure of what the original problem is.

If you’re talking about the “path” here:

That’s just your original sketch used to make the solid.

When I send this through he Manufacture process to my machine: my machine is wanting to cut out about 1-1/2” to the left.

Where are you zeroing on your actual workpiece on the machine?

I’m off to bed, but my guess is that you’re zeroing lower left (model origin in your case). Your WCS zero is set to the center top of your stock.

On your SO3, set you actual physical origin to the stock center or in Fusion, set your WCS origin to the lower left.

Thank you very much. I knew someone would be able to help me. Stay safe and thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.