Order of operations

I am trying to do a simple project and I am having problems with the tool paths. I have changed the order of the paths in the Carbide Create file but Carbide Motion seems to select whichever path it wants to start with and proceeds. I got all of the paths completed except one so I went back to the Carbide Create file and disabled all of the other paths so I could do only the one that was omitted. Well, of course, Carbide Motion wanted to do all of the paths and, again of course, did not begin with the path I wanted.

I am sure I am doing something wrong, pretty new at this, but for the life of me I can’t figure it out! Any ideas?

are you sure you re-exported to gcode, and loaded that again in CM, after you changed the order?

if you want to see what order is in the gcode file, you can load it in GcodeSplit - Split gcode files by toolpath and it’ll break it up in order…

For a given Toolpath, the order in which geometry is cut will be determined by the program attempting to optimize for min. travel/time.

If you need more control, Create separate Toolpaths for the geometry — each Toolpath will be cut in order from top–bottom.

That is part of my problem, the tool path at the top is not being done first! I think I need to check and be sure the program I am loading is the most current.

If you have a file where the cut order is not from top–bottom in a current version of Carbide Create please send it in to support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to look into it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.