Newbie here that is frustrated over the time wasted by the tool paths that CC generates.
Holes.c2d (59.2 KB)
The attached C2D file is a simple grid of holes. I created this in CC and the paths that are generated are very inefficient.
The only one listed that performs path optimization (G-Code Optimizer) did not do the trick… all the Z ‘plunge’ info was removed.
The process is also VERY time consuming! (I wish CC would show actual G-Code!)
- Since I do not design on the computer that runs the CNC, I must save the encrypted g-code to a Dropbox folder.
- I go downstairs to the computer connected to the CNC and am forced to home it (before I can load the encrypted g-code).
- Load encrypted g-code from Dropbox folder.
- Click ‘See GCode’.
- Copy G-Code
- Open TextEdit
- Paste G-Code and save to Dropbox folder
- Perform optimization using utility (many steps here too)
- Open new G-Code in Universal G-Code Sender to see potential optimizations (if any)
I also tried to see how efficient Makercam would be at generating the tool paths, but CC does not export or save as SVG so that too was frustrating.
Another suggestion was to assign each tool path in order, but the limitation of not being able to copy/paste toolpaths to a new object made this very time consuming also.
Am I expecting too much from Carbide Create or any other free software out there for that matter?
How responsive has Carbide3D been in improving Carbide Create and Carbide Motion?
Would love any suggestions or tips on how to streamline or programs to entertain.
Thanks all… I am having a great time learning and appreciate the help!