Ply instead of mdf for wasteboard?

These look awesome. I have looked at the trim but i was worried about the middle section looking like a open/closed cell arrangement. DO you have to do anything about that?

Iā€™ve used 2 different PVC trim boards. Our local lumber yard sells Azek brand. Itā€™s solid PVC. Embossed wood grain on one side and flat on the other. Our local Menards big box store carries an off brand and itā€™s identical to the Azek but a lot less expensive. Same embossed on one side flat on the other. Cuts like wood, routes like wood. The seat slats are 22ā€ and I reinforce the center so there is no sag. Iā€™ve had 2 sets go through 2 Michigan winters and they look just like the day I made them. The PVC trim boards hold paint really well. I painted one pink for my granddaughter and it has held up well, no issues. They clean up nicely with Mr. Clean magic eraser.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if anyone has mentioned this, but if you are using a clamp vac system and you donā€™t have a porous waste board such as MDF then the system wonā€™t work.

1 Like

What part of Michigan do you live in? If I may ask. Iā€™m from the U.P. originally. Plan on moving back that way in a couple of years.

I live in Canton Township. Great schools, weā€™ve lived here since 1976.

Hoping someone can share with me measurements of wasteboard mine the original has worped i must replace thank you

Sorry to hear about the warping.

We have files for these here:

If thereā€™s a dimension you canā€™t find, let us know and weā€™ll do our best to help you puzzle it out.

Man that drawing looks like a lot of rocket science to just say something like 40x40 or whatever it is lol.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.