Poll about fixing the default F&S in CC already

No. The resulting chart of safe starting speeds and feeds by definition will not push the machine to its limits. If you believe there’s value in charting this out, I encourage you to get your own hands dirty.

The vast majority of people as far as I can tell just cut “by ear”. That is to say they either find settings that cut smoothly and pleasantly, or they crank things up to just below the threshold that they can no longer stand the screeching of a cutter going through wood. Equations and formulas will not help them, just empirical observation and experience.

PS, I do occasionally drink coffee, @robgrz.

3 Likes

this sounds like a useful thing… the one feature I’d request is that when adding your own cutter, you can say “start like THAT one”

(I like 2mm downcut cutters, they’re awesome, but I’d just pick values from the 0.063" cutter as starting point)

I wasn’t suggesting “push[ing] the machine to its limits”. That’s not necessary to add value and utility to your efforts by quantifying and documenting them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.