Poor Bitsetter install

Hello folks. First post. Got my bitsetter today. Just got my Shapeoko 3 standard put together and been doing some carving. Have touchprobe installed and all is working well… until today. I accept the fact that I probably did the bitsetter setup incorrectly. Now when I initialize the machine, it homes and then immediately moves front center and ask for the bit change. When I tell it to resume, it essentially goes back to the home position and tries to probe for the bitsetter until it bangs into my wasteboard. Like I said, I probably did something wrong in the setup, but here’s my problem: It never gives me a chance to redo the setup. All I can do is inialize and it goes on its merry way without letting me go to jog. I can get to the setup menu prior to initialiing but not sure if I can do anything from there to have another crack at setting it up.
Please forgive me if I have not posted in the right area or if this topic has been covered, If that is the case, I will repost in the right place or read more post.

Please review the configuration in the manual, pgs. 9 and 10:

Thanks for your quick reply. The problem is that I never get a chance to re-run the setup. After I initialize it does not let me do anything except to hit resume after it ask for a bit change and then it basically goes to home and slams the wasteboard. Can’t get to JOG or anything - except settings (before I initialize)

Connect to the machine, skip initialization, go to Settings, adjust as necessary.

1 Like

Will, I’m back in business. Simply disabled the bitsetter and started over and got it set up correctly. I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.