Poor Support as far as I'm concerned

I just received my new Bitsetter for 4XXL, excitedly I opened the box to find absolutely no directions at all for anything. Now i know i can go and search and find it somewhere but after a weeks work and a steep learning curve I think this is poor support carbide. What do you guys think, am I wrong to expect instructions?

2 Likes

There should have been a card with a link to:

3 Likes

If you feel that plugging in the BitSetter and setting it up is too difficult without the printed instructions is too much for you to handle, I think that figuring out feeds and speeds are going to blow your mind.

Looking up the instructions is probably the best way to go since there are at least 4 versions of the SO3 board and I have no idea if the SO4 uses the same board or not, so to waste multiple sheets of paper to cover every board they have sold is unrealistic.

I mean, you found the forum. You seem to be able to ask questions. You could have just asked about the installation instructions and more than one person would have happily assisted you.

But you come here and fire off a snarky question that honestly makes you look like a bitter person who enjoys conflict.

8 Likes

When I started with computers they had 5.25" floppy disks, usually two. Then came the 3.5" floppy. then came the CD Player and later the DVD/CD Player. All software came on first 5.25" floppy, then 3.5" floppy then CD. Now most computers do not have a CD/DVD player and there are never any media in the box with accessories and/or software. You have to download the software/driver/instructions. It is a sign of the times but in a way it is saving trees. Once you get the BitSetter setup you will never again look at the paper. Not making excuses for C3D but it is not just them. Everything is online and saves the clutter. People used to have bookshelves full of software boxes that they never used after the initial install,

8 Likes

It is the way of the future. I like hard copy instructions myself but the reality is it not a bad idea to have them online. Then you always get the latest version and updates. Many times I have bought products to only find a URL or a Q code. and if it from over sea, well many time I get nothing at all :frowning:
And then there is the fact that it saves Trees which is always good thing :slight_smile:
So I just accept it as something “I” have to adapt to :slight_smile:

The one I don’t like is when the setup program is a cloud app. (not C3D)
I have 3 devices that have only a Q code sticker. You HAVE to use a smart phone only. There is no way to do a local setup. and if they go out of business or the web site is down … :frowning:

So I certainly don’t mind downloading a manual and saving it on my NAS drive :slight_smile:
I have a whole directory structure / library of Manuals and like information that I can search through. HD space is cheap :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Tom,

Sorry to hear that as something missing in your product.

I have the opposite experience when it comes to C3D’s service. I recently bought the Z-axis upgrage for my Shapeoko. Two times I received an incorrect back-plate for spindle mount. It took us a while to figure out what went wrong, but the support, contact and service has been excelent and they lost quite a bit of margin on the sales due to the extra shipping cost to the Netherlands. They never charged me for this and where very helpful and patient in dealing with the problem.

If in your case something was missing or was not clear enough, I have pesonally experienced that Carbide3D will do everything in their power to engage with their users. If your experience if different that let them know. I think they will take your comments seriously.

A personal note: I always allow companies to make “mistakes”. It’s how they solve and deal with its issues is what matters to me as a consumer. I give Carbide :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: (5 out of 5) when it comes to consumer experience and what you can expect from buying a product from C3D. They try to make things as easy as possible, and support everyone that get stuck along the way.

2 Likes

I also think C3D’s support, or at east acceptance and dealing with these types issues, is very good. I’ve only had one thing arrive that was correct and complete from four deliveries, so I do think there is some issue with how they put things in boxes. They might not fire very accurately, but they do keep firing until the target is hit.

There was nothing in the box, so thanks for this.

I’d had a really bad on Friday and was just frustrated when i opened the box. I agree with most folks who replied C3D is good on support. thanks for the info that will get me hooked up.

9 Likes

I think we’ve all had at least one of those.

One nice thing I’ve found on some equipment ( @WillAdams ) is a QR code on the box which links straight to the online manuals. When it’s printed on the box there’s no card to accidentally leave out in packing and the instructions can be updated after printing.

7 Likes