Pro Homing Procedure

Hi folks,
I would like you to view a short 15 second video on my Youtube of the homing procedure and tell me if it’s normal. When it goes into the back right corner it runs into it a bit hard and I’m wondering if everyones does this? Everything works fine on the machine, so not sure if this is a problem.

Thanks
Jeff

Nothing looks/sounds unusual to me. I don’t have the pro though. It didn’t sound like the machine drove itself into other parts, the back might be different, but that part wasn’t captured.

2 Likes

It doesn’t actually run into anything, the limit switches are doing their job. It just sounds like its straining the steppers I guess.

Hi @MakerJeff,

This is the normal sound, it’s not straining the steppers it’s just part of the homing sequence: first the gantry moves “fast” to the right/back until the switches trigger a first time, they it quickly pulls off the switches by a small distance, then goes towards the switches again but at a very slow pace this time (hence the different sound), and finally it pulls off the switches

Carbide3d even uses the homing sound in the intro of their videos now :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks Julien! Put my mind to ease.

1 Like

Sounds and acts just like my XL pro.

4 Likes

I am posting to echo all other replies.
I have a SPXXL and all looks and sounds to be standard operating procedure.
I love this machine!!!

1 Like

Myself as well my friend!

Just watch it closely as you don’t want it to contact those stops even a bit. If there’s a gap, you’re good. If not, I think you can adjust the proximity switch a small amount to the left.

2 Likes

That grunting slow homing sound is now a calming sound to me. :smiley:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.