Pro XXL is stuck after Motion update

Hey there, my machine will not initialize, it gives me multiple errors, the last error is “software is in unrecognized state”. I am heading to my shop now and will post a little video of whats going on.

Please write in to support@carbide3d.com and we will do our best to assist.

The same here. I just downloaded new carbide motion 564 and I kept getting a z axis error. Now the router is plunged into my work piece and keeps trying to drive down. I get the error code then motion closes.

Have you sent the correct machine configuration?

As Will asks did you send configuration? With a new version of cm you must send configuration. The machine knows what it is but cm does not. Part of sending config is the Shapeoko but you are also configuring cm.

1. Power on Shapeoko.
  2. Connect to Shapeoko but do not initalize.
  3. Go into settings. Pick machine and z in first tab. Go to second tab uncheck BitSetter and automatic spindle control. You will set them up after initalization.
  4. Go back to first tab and send config wait for confirmation. Then initalize.
  5. Setup bitsetter.
1 Like

I have tried all of that.

Yup, I just retried all of that and CM just crashes and issues a report. Wow, this is super frustrating.

Let me know if you figure this out, I will do the same. Frustrating!!

I just installed v564 of CM today, but haven’t tried to connect to my Shapeoko 4 yet. I’d like to avoid this potential issue tomorrow, is there a location on the website where we can download older versions for Shapeoko 4? I could find only the current version except for V3 which it states is not for S4, Pro and HDM.

Thanks!

I’ve used all three releases of 564 and haven’t had any problems.

If you’re concerned, make a backup of your computer and set a System Restore point before downloading and installing the new version — of course, if you still have the old installer you can re-run it.

The Mac OS X install allows renaming the old binary so as to keep multiples.

1 Like

Ok so, I really don’t know what I did, but it worked. I think the problem is that when you do the initial settings config and you don’t uncheck Bitsetter and the RPM box, it leads to issues. Also, there are issues with the Bitzero location. So, as long as you can get your machine initializing, even if it’s acting weird, it will sort itself out once you can get it all the right info. Oh Angry Robots!!!

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions.

All good - Build 564 connected without issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.