Pro xxl main fuse or reset?

I have been having problems with the X axis motor skipping steps. While removing the motor I had to cut some wire ties and accidentally cut into the x-motor cable severing a couple of the wires, a couple seconds later I got a faint whiff of burning or hot Electronics. I turned off the blue power button in front of the machine and repaired wires… When I went to restart the machine the blue power button came on but not the relay clunk I usually get and the machine could not connect to cutter.
Is there a reset or fuse?

Oh you let the smoke out. Inspect the controller for any signs of burning. You may have to replace the controller. Contact support@carbide3d.com to discuss with them. They have a no fault policy so if it is still in warranty they can help you. Even if you are out of warranty talk to them about how to proceed.

1 Like

Cutting the motor wires while the machine was powered on most likely shorted & blew out the output servo driver chip for that motor. There is no saving grace there, the controller board will need replacing.

That’s what I figured but it’s the weekend and it never hurts to ask that PCB board is $100 so thats not so bad.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.