Probe release info?

Small production runs which require precise machining (not sure what the reject rate or tolerances for the aluminum body are, but tolerances have to be quite tight) and a fair bit of hand-work to assemble (also, the bottom plate cover seems to be 3D printed which is kind of pricey — wonder if one of the holdups on new ones is arranging for injection molding).

I’m afraid that the next batch of Probes has been pushed back to mid to late March, barring further difficulties.

And still waiting…


Any update @WillAdams ?

1 Like

If the probe isn’t back in stock by the end of this week, it should be in stock sometime next week, probably early — I believe we’re trying to make certain that we produce enough to not run out.

1 Like

Did I miss the release??

There was a second batch, and we’re hoping to have a 3rd batch available by the end of June.

Well that sucks…I never received an e-mail or anything…I made sure I was added to the list.

1 Like

Please accept our apologies. The situation was explained above in: Was the probe released already?

That sucks…I have ordered so much from this company, not cool at all…

Received my a few weeks ago. It is worth the wait!

1 Like

Then how about you sell me yours…Ill pay you $50 more what you paid and shipping…then you can wait again…I AM STILL WAITING…

1 Like

Agree. It is well worth the wait.

Any update, still waiting, why can’t we pre order, when you make it you ship it out. ???

I seriously can’t believe Carbide 3D haven’t jumped on the manufacture of these probes, knowing that there are so many people wanting to buy one!! I was promised by a member of staff I’d be included in the second batch that was produced, but never received an email and missed out when they were released.

Now another 8 months on, still no sight of being able to purchase one. Carbide 3D, you must be so rich now you don’t need our money, LOL :wink:

PLEASE, put us out of our misery and either tell us when they’ll be available or even that they’re not going to be available


Apparently something has come up, and the schedule is getting pushed back by another week — there may be a formal announcement at the end of this week, the Probes should be released next week (barring further, further difficulty).

A friend got a notice the probe were back in stock, 2 days later they are sold out again. Come on Carbide 3d let getting this manufacturing thing down.

Let me at least order one, pay for it and when you have it ship it too me, none of this email me when you have only 5 probes to sell.

1 Like

I’m afraid that our shop site isn’t set up to allow for pre-orders.

We expect the Probe to be back in stock in the next couple of weeks (we ordered extra parts from suppliers — we just need to make the bodies and assemble, test, and package) and hope that they will stay in stock thereafter.

When ordering my XXL, I talked to Support and they said first week of September…

1 Like

I am NOT giggling…well, yes I am…

1 Like