Problem Scaling Rectangles

When working in Carbide Create, I routinely need to adjust the lengths of a square/rectangle, but don’t want to change its size proportionally, i.e.I just need to adjust the length along the x or the y axis, not both. To do this manually is tedious and time consuming. Is there a way to enter numeric values for the width or length of a square/rectangle without change the dimensions proportionately?

This depends on whether the object in question is a rectangle or a polyline.

If it is a native rectangle, yes:

If it is a poly line, asymmetric scaling can only be done by dragging the drag handles.

2 Likes

Just select the rectangle, and edit the parameters

1 Like

I think I somehow selected a square, or some object other than a rectangle. But doing as you instructed, if I begin with a rectangle, I can then size exactly as I choose. Thank you.

g. white

I’d done this, but now realize, the reason I didn’t notice a visible change in the drawn object is that my adjustments were 100ths of an inch. Sure enough when changed values by 1oths of and inch and larger, the values do change, and do so independently . so, yes, both methods you guys suggest , give me the flexibility to size as I want.

I appreciate your help with this.

g. white

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.