Problem with letters

making this sign problem is designed in CC design looks good, tool path for top part using cutter 302 all is good. problem is the bottom part with names I pick cutter 201. when I do a review of it don’t see the letters. what is going on?edisto sign 10x12.c2d (1.2 MB)

You have a #201 .25" endmill selected with an inside left toolpath. The bit is too large to fit into your lettering. Thus why the tool path is empty. I don’t know your desired end result. But I would try a smaller bit. or rather just use the v bit for everything

2 Likes

I am at work so I can’t look at the file, but the first thing I would check is to see if the letters are less than 0.25" wide. If they are, then CC will not cut them with a bit that is wider than they are.

EDIT: @mjmike6988 beat me to it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just added all your text to the V bit tool path and this is the result

2 Likes

I did change bits and seen the letters Just didn’t know what issue was with the 201 bit. Thank you all now I know in the future. Change bits or bigger letters

1 Like

you would have to go down to a .031" endmill for the Text and the inside left tool path you selected to get clean lines in text. .063" left alot uncut still

1 Like

other option is using a V-bit

2 Likes

Can you tell me if using a V-Bit to carve smaller text… depends on the material thickness, which I assume? If my material is a .02" two color plastic, I don’t see how switching to a V-Bit could help me only cut through the white layer to reveal the text in the second black layer beneath ? In other words, how can I control depth of cut while using V-Carve option???
Thx Ken

you can’t directly control, but if you have a very steep angled (60 or even 45 degree) v bit you do not need much width to go pretty deep

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.