Question about aligning stock to cut max capacity?

So I recently cut a project on my shapeoko xxl that was 32" in diameter. That is close to the maximum cutting capability of 33" x 33". My process was mark center of my stock, jog the spindle to center using rapid position function and align the stock to the spindles center position. What I found is the spindle is not actually centered when I use rapid position function. The result was the machine wasn’t able to cut the whole project because of how I aligned my stock. I have since figured out a slow painful way to center my stock. My question is there a way to adjust the settings so that the rapid position function will align the spindle to the center? Or does anyone have a simple process to align the stock to center?

Once you actually find the exact center of your machine work envelope, send G28.1 or G30.1 through the MDI. This will establish a reusable absolute reference that you can return to using G28 or G30.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.