Repeatable X Y point

So if I am going to be doing some repeat work on sheet goods can I setup brackets on the machine and zero X Y then cut board one, then put in board 2 and not have to re-zero X Y. In terms of the Z assuming this comes down to thickness consistency of the material. Thanks!

Yes.

I always try to set up such fixtures so that the origin coincides w/ a Rapid Position point.

1 Like

The proximity switch is very repeatable. If you set an X Y and Z for a project and then power off your Shapeoko/Nomad that position is held in memory. So it is always advisable to use the rapid position to double check the position of X Y and Z+6MM. However this repeatability is not absolute. When the Shapeoko does the homing sequence it sets up an internal coordinate not usually used by the user. Then the X Y and Z zeros are remembered and those positions are relative to the homing position. So during the homing sequence it is possible that the homing can be off by a few thousands and that would make the X Y and Z positions off by thousands. That is why I recommended when powering up your Shapeoko to always verify your X Y and Z positions in the Jog function Rapid Positions.

@WillAdams makes a valid point of using the using rapid positions but some project sizes will not work for those positions and using your own custom X Y and Z positions will work as well.

Just like nuclear negotiations always trust but verify.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.