Replacement power brick and lead

Is it possible to obtain a replacement power brick and lead, please?

The reason I’m asking is that I really don’t like the rocker switch on the existing one and want to replace it with a surface-mounted on/off latching switch (like on the the Pro, the 4 and the Nomad) and I should probably get a spare before cutting this one up, just in case.

Thank you

I think you’ll need to write to support@carbide3d.com for this one.

Have you thought of using the switch contacts on the Carbide Motion board though? That way you wouldn’t need to tear anything apart.

Ooh, I have no idea what you’re referring to. Would you expand, please?

https://shapeokoenthusiasts.gitbook.io/shapeoko-cnc-a-to-z/anatomy-of-a-shapeoko#controller-board

At the header labelled “21” on that diagram, there are 4 pins which can be used for an on/off switch. On the Nomad, that header is connected to a button by default. I’m not sure how it works on the Shapeoko but I believe I’ve seen people using it for an E-stop…

1 Like

This solution is not quite what you want to do but it has worked very well. The emergency stop switch has been used a couple of times. The On/Off switch is magnetic so if I have a power failure the Shapeoko will not come on when the electricity is restored. The wiring was simple and I still have a power strip that I can plug in accessories if I want/need to that are controlled by the magnetic switch and emergency stop. This was purchased from Amazon.

1 Like

That’s almost exactly like mine!

I use it to power the spindle and, via a sensor switch, my dust vac.

I was thinking about butchering the rubbish rocker switch in the low voltage side of the power brick and replacing it with a surface-mounted latching switch so it’s always in the same place, not dangling somewhere under the worktop wrapped around something else!

Thanks for the thought, thought :+1:

Peter:

Not a very elegant solution but it put to use a General Swivel Vise that I wasn’t using. It addressed the issue of the rocker switch being “somewhere under the worktop wrapped around something else!”

I went overboard on making an E-Stop that kills power to two circuits - one for the controller and computer / one for the router and shop vac utilizing a safety relay and contactor.

Bill

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.