Replacing X Limit Switch

I have a fairly new Shapeoko Pro XL. I was having an intermittent issue with homing that support determined was probably a lose connection with the wiring in the X limit switch. They (very quickly) sent me a replacement switch and extension cable which I received today. However, there were no included instructions on how to replace it. All the wiring on the unit was done in factory. I could see that the limit switch wire goes through a small, half-circle hole on the right-side of the x gantry, and then comes out a circular hole in the side of right-bracket.

I tried to connect a wire to the old cable to fish it through to give me a path to run the new wire. However, it appears there is something jutting out of the inside of the hole on the inside of the unit, that makes it nigh impossible to run the cable (with the connector attached) the small 1 and 1/2 inches it needs to go to come out of the right side of the machine.

I think I’m going to have to do some disassembly to get the new switch installed. I’m kind of bummed about having to go through that process. So, I’m just posting this in case someone has a brilliant idea about how to avoid doing that…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.