I am having the occasional problem of my cutter stopping in the middle of a job. Usually when I rerun it, it goes to the end. But sometimes it doesn’t. If I am in the middle of a 3d job it may have run for some hours before it stops so I really do not want to start again. Is there anyway I can get it to start where it left off. I usually get the message can’t connect with the cutter.
If you must do this:
- note what line the machine is currently sending (or determine where it was by measuring the deepest area correctly cut)
- pause, then stop the job and shut things downopen up the G-Code file in a text editor
- identify the preamble and copy it — see G-Code for the details of the codes
- go to the line # noted above
- scroll up from there until you find a move down from safety height
- delete everything from the line above that line to the beginning of the file
- paste in the preamble at the beginning
- save under a new name
For the disconnect issue please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to help.