S4 router mount

Is it possible to replace the s3 router mount that i have with the makita insert with the new s4 router mount

Isn’t the S4 using the standard mount for the Makita. The Dewalt is the bigger mount and thought I read somewhere they weren’t supporting that size anymore.

1 Like

I thought the 65mm holder was standard. :thinking:
You may want to measure.

My understanding is:

• the original mount on the SO3 (and later the SO3 XL and XXL) is 69mm
  • a 65mm spindle adapter ring was made available and bundled w/ machines
  • the HDZ and Z-Plus on the SO3 machines accommodate a tramming plate which allows using the original mount (and spindle adapter)
  • the HDZ and the Z-Plus axis on the Pro and SO4 machines have additional holes which allow mounting the new mounts as exemplified by the HD series of mounts: Accessories – tagged "HD" – Carbide 3D

Hopefully @Luke or someone else will correct anything which is untoward in the above.

@moakley8 I think it just comes down to which Z Axis you have?

1 Like

This is what the specs say fo the S4
Spindles:

Shapeoko Pro uses a trim router as a spindle. We recommend our Carbide Compact Router, but any router with a 65mm diameter, like the Makita RT0701C, will work.

The Carbide Compact Router is designed for 110V operation, so if you’re in a country with 220V power, you should grab a Makita RT0700C locally.

Rereading the original post it sounds like they want to use the mount from the S4 on the S3. The hole paten to mount may be different.

1 Like

i have a zplus and was thinking that the none adapter mount would be better than the mount with the insert.
I did not see the new mount available as an accessory to buy, if it would work on my s3

The new mount is in the HD area of the shop, and will work with your SO3 if you get an HDZ.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.