Santa was early this year

Happy days here, ordered my Bitsetter v2 yesterday and it was delivered today! Just installed it and it works great. Does this mean that after I did my toolpaths, CC will automatically insert the bitchange code in the Gcode file? (so I don’t have to save it in different files anymore?)

I will try that tomorrow…

That’s right - you will need to make sure the Shapoko post-processor is selected in Carbide Create.

Then you can put as many toolpaths with as many tools as you like in the one file, and run it once. It will come to the front and prompt you for a tool change, then measure the difference, then start to cut.

Keep in mind using this workflow, you can ONLY change the endmill when there’s a Carbode Motion prompt. Never at any other time (unless the machine is turned off).

2 Likes

Can’t wait to give this a go! Thanks Gerry!

If you have older projects that had multiple tools and you saved each toolpath sepatately simply resave your tool paths with Shapeoko pp. Just enable all toolpaths then save gcode.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.