Screw Fell Out During Program. Any Suggestions?

Running a long program with a Vbit, and when I went to check I found a screw laying on the material.

I found the hole that it came from, it’s located in the housing that holds the router. Wanted to ask if this has happened to anyone else and if there should be concern to continue running the program
The clearance above the screw hole is very tight, will have to figure out a method to get it back in.

See:

1 Like

Yeah it happened to me, on the bearing block. Luckily I saw it before it got sucked up into the dust collector. The supplied allen wrenches have little ball-ends that allow you to screw them in at an angle. Shouldn’t be a problem to put it back in. While you have the screw out you might as well lube it up.

2 Likes

Happened to me twice. Once on Z and once on Y. I just kept running the program and kept the Big Red Button close by.

That screw keeps the cap on that keep the ball bearings from falling out, there are two though.

1 Like

Appreciate the reply and advice!

Glad to know it wasn’t just me. Wasn’t too difficult to screw back in, you were right. Thanks for sharing your insight.

Appreciate the response, glad to know I’m not alone on this!

That is actually the cap for the oil port. Each bearing block has one on each side. It only holds oil in the bearing block… not the ball bearings in. You do want that closed, but if you have a short program, you can keep going. If you have a longer program, pause, put it back on, and keep going. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.