Setting up millalyzer for Nomad 3

Hi, because of the many recommendations here for Millalyzer, I went ahead a bought a copy of the dynamic version.

On first use it looks pretty powerful and useful.

Has anyone here setup a full and accurate Nomad 3 machine for it?

I took a look at the edit->machine interface and set the stuff that I understood but there is a bunch of technical stuff that I have no idea how to work out.

It looks like there are some pre-programmed machines under “structure” section for machine setup, including a “Desktop CNC” which sound like it might be a good guess for a Nomad 3

Since there is a “Load” option for machine settings, I’d expect that there might be a setup for Nomad 3 somewhere that I could just load.

I’ve been using a Nomad 883 for about 3 years and would really like to take advantage of Nomad 3 improvements AND get a better idea of what my speed and feed guesses are doing.

Thanks for any help in advance.

-Dave

I don’t know but @spargeltarzan probably does

Diving a little deeper into the docs for millalyzer, it shows an image of the CAD/FEM/FEA model and it looks remarkably like the Nomad.

It also appears that most of the info is not needed for static analysis only dynamic. I’m just getting started with this and want to make sure I’ve got it setup as accurately / correctly as possible for the Nomad 3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey Dave, I recently picked up millalyzer dynamic as well. Hoping to better understand the forces involved on my Nomad 3 and really optimize my cuts.

Have you had any success with this on your end? Also do you mind if i post updates on my little journey to this thread? (Or would you rather i spin up a separate thread?)

Having bought and tried to use G-Wizard (major disappointment) and HSMAdvisor (slightly smaller, but still big disappointment), I am continuously looking for tools that will help me with calculating feeds/speeds for my Nomad.

I just learned about Millalyzer, took a look at the website, but it doesn’t even provide a way to contact the author/authors. I have no idea if it will produce anything even remotely usable on the Nomad.

HSMAdvisor, even after loading the community-developed profile for the Nomad 3, does not produce usable cutting data. Its predictions are far too aggressive for the Nomad and lead to stalls. I have no idea how to make it produce something more reasonable, decreasing motor power did not help.

Please post any experiences you have.

Drop a PM to @spargeltarzan (the author, unless I am mistaken)

1 Like