Settlers of Catan set

@robrob Let me know if you have questions on it, i’m no expert by any means but i’ve done a few v-carve inlays over the past year and have learned some tricks that really help.

1 Like

I’ll try it again, more patiently.

really well done !! lovely work

Settlers of Catan has only been around since 1995 or so — if that’s forever, I’m older than I feel.

2 Likes

Hmmm, so playing Monopoly since the day it launched, I must be from the stone age :wink:

2 Likes

This is incredible, would you be willing to share the hex files?

1 Like

Are you wanting the gcode for these or would you prefer the vector image files? I’m happy to provide what I’ve done.

1 Like

Well… that’s like a quarter of a century… jk haha

2 Likes

vector would be great!

i’d be interested in files as well. may make this as a gift.

brilliant idea and well executed!

I’ve attached all the vector image files i used. For the brick tile I had to eliminate the bottom corner bricks of every other pile so that it would machine correctly. Also, just disregard the center circle. For the hex tile itself, to match exisitng game tiles, the hex tile should measure 2 7/8" from edge to edge. Anyway, let me know if you have any questions. It was a lot of fun to do and has made a fantastic gift.

Brick Tile Ore Sheep (2) Wheat wood

5 Likes

HI, I love this, its the best catan set I’ve seen done. What endmill did you use???

Thanks! I used a 1/2" 60° v-bit for the inlay work on the tiles and mating inlays.

1 Like

yes I would like to get the files

Could you please post your files. My son in-law wants me to make this game for him. You have the images above but they are not the svg images.

Right click–>Save As

They’re SVGs.

1 Like

Yeah you just need to right-click on each image and do a save as, they are svg files. If that doesn’t work let me know and I can email you the files as well. Good luck!

However, @gdon_2003 please note that the representation of the SVGs is dependent on which web browser you are using — Edge/Internet Explorer didn’t have good support for SVGs and would render them as PNGs — you could either quote the message including the graphic and then use the code in the quoted text, or use a browser which has better graphics support.

Thanks to those who replied. I was trying to save the screen image.

Awesome! I’m glad, let me know if I can help in any other way. Have fun!