Shapeoko 3 possible upgrades

Greetings all,

I was looking for any upgrade that will make my shapeoko 3 stronger

Even though i have fit all the possible upgrades from 3d carbide and from others as well

HDZ ,2.2kw spindle, proximity switches etc

Still have some issues the the weakest point from my point whixh is the v wheel . Specifically the x axis

I noticed that shapeoko 4 have different v wheels and it have linear rails

Can we swap the x axis from shapeoko 4 to shapeoko 3? As upgrade kit

Please any ideas and if it is not compatible why ?

We are requesting more support to the older machines that we invested alot on them

A compatible swap kit will help to convert it

-Second upgrade is 9mm belt and stepers (190$)

I checked x carve website
They have this upgrade . But i dont know if it is possible to fit it or may be 3d carbide follow for the same upgrade

See the below links

Please lets participate

If you are still on 6mm belts, then the 9mm belts are a slam-dunk in terms of value — get a maintenance kit (be sure to e-mail in to shipping@carbide3d.com when placing the order to note that you have 6mm belts and will need new pulleys) — and you can upgrade to 9mm belts. Some folks have had good luck w/ belts using materials other than fiberglass.

The larger SO4 V wheels won’t fit because there isn’t clearance for them — same goes for the 15mm belts — the only way to replace these would be to replace the motors (you’ll need longer shafts) and design new endplates which would have suitable holes for the new V wheels, and you’d need to drill new holes in your endplates — at that point, you might as well sell the machine and use the funds towards buying a new one.

What spindle are you using? We should be offering a VFD spindle upgrade in the near future.

What materials are you cutting, using what tooling at what feeds and speeds?

What CAD/CAM tool are you using? Have you looked into adaptive/trochoidal toolpaths?

What i understand that i can upgrade to 9mm belt and alll thr components are from from 3d carbide ?

I just need to order new pulleys ? What about the idlers and belt clips?

The idlers and belt clips are already wide enough for 9mm belts.

The Maintenance Kit has 9mm belts, and please check w/ us @ shipping@carbide3d.com that it ships w/ 10mm wide pulleys for 9mm belts.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.