Shapeoko 3 upgrades ...2.2kw Spindle nut

So I bought an HDZ, Then I got a 2.2kw chinese Spindle vfd combo thing, then i got the Carbide 80mm mount. God I need that stimulus check :joy: I’d probably upgrade my XL to XXL if I had room. Anyway, I have taking some time setting these up, (weeks and going) because I want to just everything up perfect once.(like that ever happens).
Ok anyway anought ranting, I received a collet set with my spindle and I was wondering if anyone new a good reputable place to by more collet nuts ER20-A I believe they have to be?
Thanks in advance everyone…

Hi Brad,
I have been buying a lot of Amana Tools from ToolsToday.com. 2 day shipping (pre-pandemic) and the highest quality I know of. Never disappointed with these guys!

Amana Tool ER-20 Collet set from ToolsToday.com

2 Likes

Thanks, I like them too but I didn’t see any nuts like this

Having rough day so I might have missed them though.

Not sure if there is a difference in a ER20-A nut, but if not these guys are great.

https://www.maritool.com/product_info.php?products_id=46

1 Like

I thought I read there was a difference, but now I’m not sure. I’ll try to find a definitive answer. Thank you

hi you mightwana try this I got them on amazon really cheap $28 I had no problems at all

SILIVN ER20 Spring Collet Set for CNC Engraving Machine and Milling Lathe Tool Workholding Engraving Collets(14PCS)

Sorry I did not notice you were looking for the nut only my bad!

My spindle uses ER-11 collets and nuts, but I bought three collet nuts by UXCELL from Amazon and they all work just fine. Here are the ER-20 nuts you need, if you decide to get them.

1 Like

From my understanding:
Collet Nuts:
A Type is a Hex Nut (M25×1.5), you can use a normal spanner wrench
UM Type is a Slotted Nut (M25×1.5), requires a special slotted (nose or E type) spanner
M Type is a Mini “Castle” Nut (M25×1.0), requires a special mini “castle” spanner
MS Type is a Mini Slotted (can’t find an official name) Nut (???), requires a special tapered spanner

Collets:
ER20 Collet typically have a 0.5-1MM clamping range (highly not advised to use a different sized endmill in one the collet is not rated for, I see this additional range for tool dia tolerances)
ER20-EM Collet are single size (no clamping range), tight tolerance (high precision) collets, to reduce TIR (total indicator runout/reading)

4 Likes

So I might be able to use the other Collet nuts, just making sure threads are the same?

1 Like

Yeah, the standard ER20 nut thread should be M25 x 1.50
ER20-M I am only seeing as M25 x 1.0 (Fine), not sure about MS

2 Likes

I’ve had good luck with ER-11 nuts from MariTool. ER-20’s are $20 US for the standard style(A) and $24 US for the M style. Here’s a link for all of the MariTool ER Nuts.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.