Shapeoko 4 Assembly

I JUST received my shapeoko 4 and have no idea where to start. I see a 16 minute video on you tube about it. I see detailed instructions on the Pro and the 3 - cannot find them for the 4. Clearly I am missing something obvious here. Can someone direct me to the assembly guide for the 4?

Please write in to support@carbide3d.com and we will e-mail you a draft copy.

Emailed support also. Hope to receive it soon. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum! This is a great place and a great resource!

There are quite a few tutorials available out there that can be used as a guide to making your first cuts. I use vCarve for the CAD software and I simply selected one of their tutorials. It was accepted by the default Carbide CAM software and everything worked perfectly. It was a good choice for me, because I had an opportunity to learn something about the design software itself, as well as having a simple project to use for my test project on the Shapeoko 4. Hopefully Carbide3D can update their support for their newest machines soon- are they including an assembly CD yet, or is it still available via internet only?

At this time, to get the draft copy of the Shapeoko 4 XXL assembly guide write in to support@carbide3d.com

Thanks all - support got me the PDF within about 15 minutes of the request. I am about 70% of the way through assembly. So far so good.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.