Shapeoko XXL - Can't connect to cutter

I found your ticket and based on a note sent you a further e-mail — I’m afraid most folks don’t work on the weekend.

Of course sir, I sent the pics on weekday Thursday I believe, Appreciate it

I’m curious if you figured out the issue @brothergreg and @WillAdams. I just connected my touch probe for the first time and now can’t connect to cutter either :pensive:

Try unhooking probe try connecting to cutter with probe unhooked does it connect, if so it may be a defected probe

1 Like

It doesn’t connect to cutter after unhooking the probe either. This is a headache. It worked fine everytime until I connected the touch probe for the first time. I didn’t unhook anything. I plugged it into the correct spot, green light comes on. I have my alligator clip grounded and tested it. Light went from green to red. That’s all I’ve done. The touch probe itself seems to work fine. Just can’t connect to cutter after connecting it.

Please contact us at support@carbide3d.com and let us know step-by-step:

• what you did
  • what you expected
  • what actually happened

and include a link to this thread

1 Like

Email, pictures, and link sent. Thanks Will👊

1 Like

Yes contact carbide 3d support fogerty are great help

I have been fighting the same issue. I think i have eliminated all the possibilities. If there was a way to get back to the spot where it disconnected that would help alot. So tired of “air cutting” until it gets back to that spot. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

While the ideal situation is of course to address the source of the disconnects (have you been in touch with support on this ?), as a workaround you actually can resume a job from the spot it disconnected, that is if you made a note of what the line number was when it stopped. It’s a bit of a manual hack, but it’s doable, check out this thread where @WillAdams referenced the wiki section about this:

Thanks for the reply Julien, this morning we ran a ground line to the inside of a plug in box and wired it to the ground there. I have ran a couple of jobs this morning and have not had any disconneci issues, hoping this solves the disconnect issues

2 Likes

Any tips on why my computer won’t connect to my cutter. The computer is fine it’s just I have it hooked up to the machine and every time I press connect to cutter it always pops up with error cutter not found

Assume you’ve tried a different USB cable?

Is the machine Windows? If so it’s worth checking device manager to see if the Shapeoko appears at all when you plug in the USB and turn it on.

1 Like

Please write in to support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to assist.

Hello

I have the 4xxl and my machine does not home. I have downloaded the newest version of Motion and my computer recognizes the machine is there, but when I hit initialize machine (after doing configuration), it says busy and then the program immediately closes. My machine does not move a bit. Just figuring out how can I get the machine working. I am a novice at this, so please help me!

Dupe of: