Shapeoko XXL question

Hi guys, new to cnc and the forum.
I am attempting to run a file to cut. After I zero x, y and z, and try to run the program, the machine will start running the program, but the bit will stay about 1/16" off of the material and never actually cuts anything. I can’t seem to figure out what I’m doing wrong.

What start and end depth did you define in the tool path?

The start depth I have set to the use the stock top (0.000"), and max depth is set at .251". I am using 1/4" material.

Usually this is caused by a disconnect in how you set up origin in the file and set zero relative to the stock — if that’s not it, other possibilities are:

I have the origin set in the file to top of material and set “Z” zero to the top of the material.
The belt feels tight.
The retract height is set to 10.00 mm.
I will check the links provided and see if that solves it.

Okay, after inspecting the tensioning-eccentrics and pulley set screws, everything appeared to be tight, as shown in the links.
I’m at a loss and not sure what else to do.

Please try removing a spring. If that doesn’t help, post the file and a step-by-step description of how you set up and zero the job.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.