Spacer to Raise router

Im looking for a .25 to .5 Inch spacer so i can rest my router on to give me more clearance.
Has anyone found one with the Id to match the opening for the makita?

I just raise the router and tighten the mount. I’ve never had an issue.

6 Likes

or maybe you could cut one with the machine ? just a 80mm hole in a square block 0.25" or 0.5" thick stock, you can probably do it in less time than the googling to find an existing one :slight_smile:

The problem of course with spacer blocks is that they increase lever effects — a quarter of an inch I probably wouldn’t worry about, but more than that is probably a concern.

What are spacer blocks? How are they different that adjusting the height of the router in the clamp?

In this case, I believe the intent is to add a block between the router mount and the Z-axis spindle carriage plate to move the router farther forward, increasing the hang-over cutting space at the front of the machine.

I was planning on using it to rest the router higher to avoid it slipping down. Just another precaution on my part
My stock size is 2.25 so I need a tool to reach that depth and still retract above the part

You shouldn’t need to do that, the clamping force of the router mount should be sufficient to keep the router from slipping.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.