Tables for SP5 4x2?

I’ve seen someone pick up a Uline table, and I’ve got some plans I can modify, but does anyone else have prefab (or plan) recommendations for the SP5 4x2?

Just fishing as I prep for a pickup later this year.

I was able to make a modest Kobalt workbench work:

1 Like

Quite a few have gotten the Kreg bolt together stands that are big enough for the SO5 Pro. Rockler also has some bolt together stands. Both of these you will have to make a top and/or shelves. One more source for a bolt together is OpenBuilds. They have the alum extrusions and all the parts to bolt together a nice stand. They also sell enclosure kits. Uline makes some nice stuff but they also charge a nice price. Lets face it the price of fun just keeps going up.

1 Like

Does this look ok ?
60 x 36 per CC recommendation. 37" high ?
It’s late now, so tomorrow I will get you some hack documentation if interested.

5 Likes

Looks ok. Slap some paint on it. You will never paint it once the machine gets put on it. I put some drawers on my stand and it works for keeping all the Shapeoko CNC in one place. I have two drawers. One big one on the side and a smaller one on the front for my clamps. I also have a Craftsman middle drawer tool chest in the front to keep my calipers and bits in.

Everyone likes something different. My only suggestion might be to put some cross bracing in the back to keep the stand from racking with the heavy machine on top. However the 4x4 legs and the 2x4 frames will likely never move.

I like your wheels. I have had those type before and my only complaint was they stuck out and you could easily hit your leg on them. Having them tucked in the side is a good idea.

4 Likes

I used these for my wheels so that I could detach when necessary and also use them on other tools.

1 Like

I am going to add some gussets. Table rocks a bit on the Y-axis moves.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.