Todays design complete

Got my Shapeoko 3 10 months ago. Brushed off my CADD skills. This machine is awesome, and only limited by my imagination at this point.

26 Likes

That looks awesome! Love the colors, well done!

2 Likes

Thank you Max, Happy Birthday :birthday::birthday::beers:

1 Like

Ahh! The old “Wheels of Time” there!
Great job! Very well done!
I have a Yo-Yo file that has “gears” on it and I need to really sit down and learn how to stack items like that. I’ve seen a VidClip on it and need to go back and look at that again.

I like the irregular outer profile. A nice deviation from so many man-made things that perfect squares, circles, rectangles, etc.

Were the dark highlights (or would that be lowlights?) done with some sort of flame brushing technique?

You have made a great looking clock. The detail and color are great. I have one suggestion and that is to make the hands white or light color to better contrast from the clock face. In a darker room you will not be able to tell time with the black hands. The primary purpose of a clock is to see what time it is.

1 Like

Hi, to get started i found an on-line gear generator, which allows for .svg & .dxf download for editing

the dark areas were done with a propane brass hand torch… kind of over did it some areas

thank you, you are exactly correct, i have already observed your point, and will be spraying hands as per your suggestion

Thanks! I’ve linked to the web site and set that in my system. I appreciate the info.

1 Like

It meets with my approval!
Well done! :sunglasses:

1 Like

That is absolutely awesome!!

You are awesome, thank you.

What CAD program? May I ask?

1 Like

Hi, i use ActCad, price is very reasonable, with a perpetual license. Is very similar to AutoCad, ie commands etc, (which i was trained on in another life) but i cannot afford for personal use.
https://actcad.com/